Thursday, January 14, 2010

Project A grows and gets it’s first event!

Today is the 14th of January and the past 11 days have been a whirlwind of progress. Project A’s Facebook group now has over 140 members and just as many fans on it’s official Fanpage. Members come up and tell me just how thrilled they are to have a platform to bring their work to without being discriminated against as painters or just admirers of those who paint.

We’ve had budding artists upload their photographs, paintings and sketches and get feedback in small but for the time being quite enough amounts. To see this really happen is quite surreal for me. Humble as our beginning may be I have plans for Project A and what’s more we have our very first event lined up.

“You are cordially invited to a viewing of ‘Second Skin’. New works by Ahsan Masood and Mohsin Shafi. Previews on the 15th of January at 5:30pm at the Khaas Art Gallery Islamabad.”

Fantastic eh…? I couldn’t be more thrilled. Of course I’m quite nervous too, Project A’s finally going offline and stepping into the real world to be spoken of and referred to by word of mouth. Networking must be done, contacts be made and our introduction to the city at large is going to take place. It’s a huge deal for me and the project and I’ll have my fellow colleagues and members there to help. I plan on having lots of pictures taken and a write up following the even online posted as soon as I get back home. Of course since one of the artists is a dear friend of mine, Ahsan, I’m thrilled to have him have his first exhibition ever.

I just feel a little apprehensive, no not a little, very. A part of me fears not being able to do ‘Project A’ justice in the long run and another part fears losing myself in the proceedings. But for now, the growth is phenomenal, the feedback great and the going just a little bit tough. So here’s to ‘The Guild’.

2 comments: