Thursday, January 14, 2010

Project A takes off…

The idea for a community dedicated to all the arts first came to me while brainstorming for a colleague at Desi Writers Lounge. I just said to myself, ‘We have a forum for writers to bring their work to for critique and feedback, then why not create a forum for all the other artists as well?’ I certainly know plenty of people involved in the arts already, all I would need is a place to get started. I floated the idea to Maryam Piracha the next evening in our meeting and she loved it. And we decided to go ahead with Project A.

Yes, the name was a dilemma at first but near the end of the meeting I declared we’d just call it Project A for now, little did we know that the name would soon grow on us. The same night, I set up the Facebook group and sent out a bulk invite to everyone on my list asking all my artsy friends to join and tell their interested friends to do the same. This was the 3rd of January and from that night there has been no looking back. In a few days a friend suggested that a Facebook page would be a better idea since it allows us to send out announcements to fans and have categorized albums for our members’ work. And that’s how the Fan page came into being as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment